13 Feb #034: Simon Griffiths | Who Gives A Crap
Simon Griffiths (@simongriffiths) is a toilet paper merchant and Co-Founder at Who Gives A Crap.
A little over five years ago, Simon sat on a toilet for 50 straight hours as a publicity stunt to raise awareness for their crowd funding campaign. The plan was to start a toilet paper company and it worked, far better than they ever thought possible!
They raised $50,000 and the company that donates 50% of its profits to help solve sanitation problems in developing countries was off the ground.
It’s an incredible story….
- the initial campaign that went viral and attracted 2.5 million social media hits
- why their sales spike over the holiday period
- the financial model they use to donate
- how they choose which organisations to support
- why he has chosen to follow the social entrepreneur model for building a business, and
- much, much more.
To find out more about Simon and his team or to order toilet paper, tissues or paper towel as I have and many others do, head to whogivesacrap.org.
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Photo credits: Cleverdeer
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #034 with Simon Griffiths…
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback email@example.com.