23 Feb #064: Tessa Carroll | Ahimsa Collective
Trench Talk Podcast: Tessa Carroll
Tessa Carroll is the Co-Founder of both the luxury accessories label Ahimsa Collective and The Common Good Company.
Tessa was brought up to turn off the taps when brushing her teeth and to make sure lights weren’t left on unnecessarily, so she developed a keen interest in the environment early in life. That upbringing coupled with her interest in design and fashion has led to the creation of two unique and very impressive companies.
Ahimsa Collective is a luxury accessories label, intent on producing products with no harm. Their website, theahimsacollective.com, explains exactly who they are:
- We are part of a new generation of change agents and thinkers.
- We focus on both environmental and social responsibility.
- We operate as a luxury fashion label; while inciting change.
- We aim to not only reduce the fashion industry’s footprint, but attempt to reverse it.
Ahimsa Collective bags are made from pineapple leaves and recycled materials that would otherwise go to landfill.
The Common Good Company uses recycled materials and ethical practices to manufacture apparel ‘in the benefits or interests of all’. When choosing one of their t-shirts you are saving 2,700 litres of water, 170gms of textile waste & 4.5 plastic water bottles from landfill.
During this chat, we covered:
- Tessa’s journey building both companies
- why she’s passionate about fashion and dedicated to cleaning up the industry
- how her products are made and put together
- a lot about their supply chain and all the elements that go into reversing the fashion industry’s footprint
- the causes she’s supporting through the businesses, and, as always,
- much more
If you enjoy Trench Talk, please remember to hit the subscribe button inside your chosen podcast player, more episodes can be found at xrm.com.au/podcast.
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #064 with Tessa Carroll…
For a transcript of our conversation, click here and turn on the subtitles for this episode which can be accessed from the settings icon.
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback email@example.com.