30 Oct #061: John Akhoian | Rooter Hero
Trench Talk Podcast: John Akhoian
John Akhoian is the Founder and CEO at Rooter Hero, a plumbing company based in California in the United States. John opened his doors in 2011 and now, a short 8 years later, has some 250 trucks on the road serving clients across 2 states. John has plans to go national and has even given thought to international expansion.
John has a real people focus. His mission is to help others maximize their careers and live fulfilling, comfortable lives. His quest is to create 99 millionaires within his own business, a project he is already making significant progress on.
He is the author of 3 books, titled “The Secret to Real Wealth”, “Creating 99 Millionaires” and “Values First. Principle Driven Leadership.”
During this chat, we covered:
- the early days John spent working out of the back of his car
- saving money
- why plumbing should be your first career choice and not your plan B
- some of the early marketing strategies John used, how he got work and how he organised his day
- growing a business, without using debt or financing
- why he makes himself so accessible including having his own mobile phone number on the company website (rooterhero.com) and why it’s on the back of every business card, something very rare for a company as large as John now runs
- the reason he teaches finance to his employees
- why John believes the future of trades is in technology, and, as always,
- much more
John is very active on LinkedIn so you can track him down there and learn more about his company work at rooterhero.com. You can get the 3 books John has written at rooterhero.com/books and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy Trench Talk, please remember to hit the subscribe button inside your chosen podcast player, more episodes can be found at xrm.com.au/podcast.
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #061 with John Akhoian…
For a transcript of our conversation, click here and turn on the subtitles for this episode which can be accessed from the settings icon.
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback email@example.com.