05 Jun #053: Shayne La Combre | PICAC and World Plumbing Council
Shayne La Combre is the CEO of the Plumbing Industry Climate Action Centre (PICAC) and the current Chair of the World Plumbing Council.
Shayne has been a Board Member at PICAC since 2011 and has been instrumental in the continuous expansion of the training organisation which now has several facilities throughout Australia including their newest campus located at Narre Warren in Victoria, Australia.
The site will be the first net zero energy education and research facility in Victoria. The training facility, designed for the plumbing industry, will generate all energy required to support the operation of the building on site through the incorporation of several renewable energy technologies.
Prior to his positions at PICAC Shayne was Director of Plumbing at Victoria’s plumbing industry regulator, the Plumbing Industry Commission (now the Victorian Building Authority). In 2011, Shayne was elected to the Board of the World Plumbing Council, served as deputy chair from 2013-2016 and is the current Chair.
During our chat, we covered:
– the challenges the industry faces both now and in the coming years
– how plumbing has changed and why new people are becoming attracted to the industry
– the role of PICAC and why the organisation was originally formed
– safety and lifting industry standards
– the work of the World Plumbing Council including the World Plumbing Conference, and
– some of the new technologies and changes we are likely to see within the industry in the coming years
If you enjoy Trench Talk, please remember to hit the subscribe button inside your chosen podcast player, more episodes can be found at xrm.com.au/podcast
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #053 with Shayne La Combre…
For a transcript of our conversation, click here and turn on the subtitles for this episode which can be accessed from the settings icon.
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Trench Talk Video