28 May #052: Rohan Sykes | Phoenix Workplace Safety
Rohan Sykes is the Founder of Phoenix Workplace Safety.
Rohan has turned a horrendous workplace accident that left him with burns to 35% of his body into the motivation for starting his own speaking, training and consulting company of which his clients include the likes of BHP, Origin Energy, Boral, Thiess, Shell, Mazda, Toyota, Nestle and Ford.
This episode is the journey of the real-life consequences of Rohan’s 100% preventable workplace accident. The event, however, was just the start. The real challenge began as Rohan faced both the physical and mental struggles of rebuilding his life.
A few years on and 8 surgeries later, Rohan is now working tirelessly to help force change in our habits and attitudes around workplace safety.
We covered a whole lot during our chat, including –
– Rohan’s story and the sequence of events that lead to the fire
– How a quick-thinking workmate saved his life
– The ripple effect of the accident
– How Rohan turned it all around
– The person who gave him the inspiration to get on and build his own company
– His message and ideas about safety
– How he thinks about the cost of safety, and
– Why most workplace accidents are preventable.
If you enjoy Trench Talk, please remember to hit the subscribe button inside your chosen podcast player, more episodes can be found at xrm.com.au/podcast
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #052 with Rohan Sykes…
For a transcript of our conversation, click here and turn on the subtitles for this episode which can be accessed from the settings icon.
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Trench Talk Video