08 May #050: Vanessa Robinson | The Chase and Tyler Foundation
Vanessa Robinson is the Founder and Executive Director at The Chase and Tyler Foundation.
Vanessa started the foundation in honor of her two boys, Chase and Tyler, who were killed from carbon monoxide poisoning originating from a faulty gas heater in their rental home. She knew almost immediately that something had to be done to raise awareness for the dangers of the odorless, colorless and tasteless poisonous gas.
In the initial stages of getting the charity started Vanessa contacted Energy Safe Victoria who agreed to work with her to help raise awareness about the potential dangers of carbon monoxide. Many of you will recall the television ad campaign (posted below).
During this chat, we covered:
- the night Vanessa lost her family and the events that followed the tragedy
- starting a charity
- the work the Chase and Tyler Foundation is doing including the activities of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week
- some of the challenges she’s had to work through including educating both industry professionals in addition to creating broader community awareness
- what motivates Vanessa to keep helping others
- the foundation’s Energy Poverty Project and their upcoming Winter Campaign
- lobbying Parliament for legislative change, and
- the financial side of running the charity
To learn more about Vanessa and the work of the foundation including how to donate and get involved, head to chaseandtyler.org.au.
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #050 with Vanessa Robinson…
For a transcript of our conversation, click here and turn on the subtitles for this episode which can be accessed from the settings icon.
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback email@example.com.
Energy Safe Victoria’s Ad Campaign-