31 Jan #046: Tony Nash | Booktopia
Tony Nash is the Founder of Booktopia.
He started the online bookstore as an evening side project with a $10 a day budget in 2004, the company has continued to grow at a rapid rate ever since.
Booktopia employs 160 people and sells one item every 6.9 seconds. In Christmas 2018 they were shipping 30,000 individual items per day. Revenue for FY2018 is $115 million.
In 2016 & 2017 they were voted Australian Book Retailer of the Year.
During this chat, we covered:
- some of the strategies he has used to grow Booktopia
- automation and how they manage their stock
- the methods they use to determine which books they list and sell on the website
- why they haven’t attempted to run other products through their distribution facility and network
- a little on deliveries and the future in that space, and
- why Booktopia is currently raising capital through the crowdfunding platform Equitise. As I understand it, to-date, the biggest ever capital raise attempt using a crowdfunding platform in Australia.
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #046 with Tony Nash…
For a transcript of our conversation, click here and turn the subtitles on which can be accessed from the settings icon.
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trench Talk Video…