31 Jan #046: Tony Nash | Booktopia
Tony Nash is the Founder of Booktopia.
He started the online bookstore as an evening side project with a $10 a day budget in 2004, the company has continued to grow at a rapid rate ever since.
Booktopia employs 160 people and sells one item every 6.9 seconds. In Christmas 2018 they were shipping 30,000 individual items per day. Revenue for FY2018 is $115 million.
In 2016 & 2017 they were voted Australian Book Retailer of the Year.
During this chat, we covered:
- some of the strategies he has used to grow Booktopia
- automation and how they manage their stock
- the methods they use to determine which books they list and sell on the website
- why they haven’t attempted to run other products through their distribution facility and network
- a little on deliveries and the future in that space, and
- why Booktopia is currently raising capital through the crowdfunding platform Equitise. As I understand it, to-date, the biggest ever capital raise attempt using a crowdfunding platform in Australia.
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #046 with Tony Nash…
For a transcript of our conversation, click here and turn on the subtitles for this episode which can be accessed from the settings icon.
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trench Talk Video…